**Total prep time is about 20 minutes!!
Makes about 4 dozen slices
1 1/2 - 2 boxes of Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies (or you can use about 16 oz. any variety!)
1 stick melted butter
4 T. cocoa powder (please use a high quality for better results!)
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 t. salt
optional: chopped nuts or dried fruits
1) In a bowl, melt the stick of butter in the microwave, or small saucepan. Set aside to cool.
2) Place your cookies in a large ziploc bag, using a rolling pin, crush your cookies so that you have some course and smaller pieces. (You do not want to make "cookie crumbs"!!
3) In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, melted butter, cocoa powder, and salt. Then add the crushed cookies, and mix together! (It should be a bit sticky- it shouldn't be "dry". I can't say that the mixture is pretty either!)
4) Using parchment paper, tear off about a 13x9 rectangular piece, scoop out (about 1 1/2in. from one side), some of the mixture going from end to end. Roll the mixture into the paper like a log, as tightly as possible, (as you don't want any "bubbles" or air pockets), and twist the ends. Repeat this until the mixture is gone. (You should end up with 3-4 "salamis".)
5) Refrigerate or freeze until firmed up. Simply unroll the log unto a cutting board or clean surface. You can either leave plain, coat the outsides with powder sugar before slicing, or can roll in finely chopped nuts to finish.
6) Slice and serve!