All you need is:
Standard Muffin pan
Oil (I use Canola, but Olive or Vegetable oil is fine too.)
1 pkg. of ANY kind flour tortilla or corn tortilla (6-8in.)
***Note: corn tortillas are more difficult to work with than flour!! If using corn, make sure to prep like you are making enchiladas- check instructions on the back of package.
Your choice of fillings:
Vegetarian: Black beans, Spanish or Mexican rice, corn, peppers, cheese, salsa, etc.
Taco fillings: Seasoned beef, (or chicken, etc.), beans, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, cheese, sour cream, etc.
Chicken salad, garden salad, seafood salad, etc.!
***Whatever you do, DO NOT use these for liquids like soup!! (These are not the same as a "bread bowl"!)
Pre- heat oven to 350F
1) On a clean surface, (such as a cutting board), take the tortillas out of the package, separate them, and brush each side lightly with oil using a pastry brush. (If using larger than 6in. flour tortillas, you may have to slice each one in half to fit in the cups.)
2) Place 1 tortilla each in the muffin cup of pan. To make it fit, you will need to roll 1 or 2 ends on the side, and try to make sure bottom is flat. They don't have to be perfect- have fun with it!
3) Lightly salt/ season before placing in oven. Bake for about 8min. at 350F.
4) Remove from oven and cover pan with foil, (this keeps the edges from burning.) Return to oven for about 5-8 more min., (or until golden brown.)
5) Allow to cool. Cups can be stored in an airtight container if not using right away.
Fill the cups with your choice of toppings, and serve! Delicioso!!