Killians Irish Red is a wonderful deep copper/ amber ale which just adds more depth to what would be a "simple" breading of sorts. You can serve this "fish & chip" style, with traditional cole slaw, or with any sides you choose!
1 btl. Killians Irish Red (Or whatever you have on hand!)
1 1/2# of Tilapia - about 6 filets ,(or another fish of your choice)
1 3/4- 2 cups of flour
1 t. salt
zest of 1 small lemon
1 T fresh parsley
About 1 cup of flour, salt & pepper
Oil (about 24oz.- Canola preferred)
Pre-heat oven to 300F
1) If using a deep fryer, add oil and set frying temp. to 350F. Otherwise, use another suitable pan for frying, (such as a deep sauté pan.)
2) In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, lemon zest, and seasonings. Add beer, and mix well. (Batter will be on the thicker side.)
3) In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt & pepper.
4) Take the fish pieces, (or filets), and coat them in the flour mixture. Then, dip each piece in the batter and place in the deep fryer, or pan. (No more than 2-3 filets at a time!) Cook about 4min. or so per side, (or until golden brown in color.)
5) Remove from fryer, place on some paper towels to remove excess oil, and transfer to a foil lined sheet tray. Place in oven at about 300F to keep warm until all fish are finished cooking. Repeat coating, and batter process with remaining fish, and cook. Best served fresh- right away!!