Yields: 4-6 servings
1 cup (about half) jicama (shredded- can do in food processor)
1 cup matchstick carrots (can purchase to save time!)
1 cucumber (shredded- no seeds!)
1 cup pineapple (fresh or canned slices- chopped)
1/4 red onion sliced fine (or shredded)
1 handful chopped fresh cilantro
about 6-8 chopped fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
juice of 1 lime
2 T honey
1 t fresh grated ginger root
1) Shred/ prep all vegetables, pineapple, and onion..
2) Place all veggies & pineapple in a strainer over a bowl, and sprinkle salt all over it. (The salt will pull out the moisture in the vegetables.) Allow to drain for about 30-60min.
3) Press down veggies to remove more moisture, and place contents in a bowl.
4) Chop herbs and add.
5) For the dressing: In a separate bowl, simply combine yogurt, lime juice, honey, and ginger, until nice and smooth.
6) Add dressing to veggies, mix, and serve!