Yield: About 2 cups
1# Whole Almonds
1 egg white
1/3 cup sugar
2 t. espresso powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder (good quality)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Pre-heat oven to 250F
1) Beat the egg white and sugar until mixture is well combined.
2) Add the espresso, spices, and vanilla.
3) Add almonds in to mixture, and make sure they are well coated.
4) Pour almonds onto a silpat or parchment lined sheet tray in a single layer, (trying to make sure they're spread out well.)
5) Bake at 250F for 1 1/2- 2 hours. After 1 hour, pull the almonds out of oven, and turn with a spatula.
****Almonds should not be "chewy", but nice and crunchy when finished.
6) Allow to cool.
7) In a bowl or large gallon sized Ziploc, combine the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add the almonds and coat well. Shake off excess sugar. Store almonds in a sealed container at room temp., (or cool dry place), until ready to serve!