Yield: About 5 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs (room temp.)
1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
1/2 t. lemon extract or oil
1/2 t. cherry extract or oil
1/2- 1t. "Royal Blue" gel coloring
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
3 cups AP flour
1 cup Ghirardelli White Chips
1 cup Cherry Chips
**Pre-heat oven to 325F
1) Cream the butters and sugars together until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and mix well.
2) Add the flavors and start with a 1/2 t. of blue color, mix in more if necessary until the color of dough resembles the pic above.
3) Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in white and cherry chips.
4) On cookie sheets lined with silpats or parchment, drop by teaspoons, or use a small scoop to portion dough.
5) Bake at 325F for 12min., and check. (May need to go 15min.) Allow to cool.
***You can serve as is, or dip half the cookie in white chocolate. Store cookies in an airtight container.