Yield: 6 large Portobello mushrooms
6 large Portobello mushrooms (cleaned w/ stems removed)
1 cup cooked quinoa (any variety)
1 cup cooked & chopped rainbow chard
salt & pepper to taste
1 green onion (chopped)
1 t. fresh chopped parsley
1 t. fresh chopped basil
1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup walnuts
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese (or your favorite kind!)
1) For filling: In a mixing bowl, stir together cooked quinoa, rainbow chard, green onion, herbs, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Using a small grinder, grind the garlic and walnuts together until nuts are fine. Add this into the filling mixture, and combine.
3) Pre-heat your grill to a lower heat. Lightly brush mushrooms on both sides with olive oil.
4) Place mushrooms directly on grill, (gill/stem side first.) Cover and cook for about 3-4 min.
5) Grab your filling. Carefully flip your mushrooms so that the gill/stem side is now up. Place a good spoonful of filling on each mushroom. Cover grill and cook for about 3-4 min.
6) Carefully place some shredded cheese covering the top of each mushroom and cook until cheese is melted.
7) Remove from grill. Serve by itself with some high quality Balsamic vinegar, as a side with some grilled steaks or chicken, or fresh fruit!