Clearly, I have been on a Rainbow Chard and quinoa kick lately- but how healthy is this?!! This is an excellent filling, and highly nutritious meal to have for Sunday brunch, lunch, dinner, or right before you go out for that long summer hike or bike ride! Pair it with a salad or some fresh fruit! You can also sprinkle in some of your favorite cheese, or meat if you'd like as well! This dish can be enjoyed warm, room temp., or cold.
Yield: 2- 4 servings (makes a small 8in. frittata)
1/4 red onion (chopped or minced)
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked Rainbow chard (make sure moisture is removed)
1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
salt & pepper
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
1) Saute the onions in a bit of olive oil until cooked- translucent. Allow to cool.
2) In a bowl, beat all 3 eggs for at least 30 sec. to get them fluffy.
3) Add remaining ingredients, (and sautéed onions), stir together, and allow mixture to set for 10-15min.
4) In a small 8in. omelette pan, pour about 1 T olive oil and heat on medium. Pour in egg mixture- no need to stir bottom! Just take a spatula, and run around the very edges to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Occasionally tip the pan to allow the runny egg mixture to go behind edges and cook. This will take about 5min.
5) Take a plate, and carefully slide out the frittata onto the plate. Using pot holders, place the pan over uncooked side, and invert- removing plate, and returning to heat to cook the other side for about 4-5 min. ****If you don't feel comfortable flipping, you can place the frittata under a broiler to finish- just make sure the pan is oven safe and your pan handle won't melt!
6) Flip or slide finished frittata onto a plate, cut into wedges, and serve!