I always try to give options for short-cuts, so if you're tight on time, purchase some pineapple "topping" for the filling, (you can find this in the ice cream section with other toppings), or you could also buy the canned cream cheese frosting.
Yield: 24 tarts
1 container of "Cool Whip" (thawed)
1 box Instant Pistachio Pudding mix
1 c of flour
1) Pre-heat oven to 325F, and grease a mini 24 cup tart pan.
2) In a mixing bowl, simply combine all ingredients together until mixture thickens, and resembles a sticky dough.
3) Put a spoonful of mixture into each cup of pan. Take a spoon, dip in flour, and make an indentation in each tart. Repeat the process for all 24.
4) Bake shells at 325F for 10-12min. Allow to cool and set side.
1- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (juice and fruit!)
2 T. granulated Tapioca
3 T sugar
1) In a small pot, combine the entire can of pineapple and tapioca and allow to set for about 10min.
2) Place pot over medium heat, and stir until mixture begins to simmer.
3) Turn down to low, add sugar, and cook until mixture is thickened, and tapioca is clear. (If too thick, you can always add some water to thin out.)
4) Remove from heat, allow to cool, and refrigerate until ready to use.
1- 8oz. package of cream cheese (room temp.)
1 stick of unsalted butter (room temp.)
1 c. Marshmallow Crème
**Garnish: Pineapple chips or candied pineapple & chopped pecans or walnuts
1) In a mixing bowl by hand or machine, beat cream cheese and butter together until nice and smooth. Add marshmallow crème.
2) Assemble tarts: place a small amount of pineapple filling in the center of each tart shell. Pipe on the frosting with a straight tip to finish the top.
3) Garnish with some pineapple and chopped pecans or walnuts, and serve!!
****It is not necessary to refrigerate these, but they should be stored in an airtight container, in a cool dry place.