Yield: 1- 8x8 cake (16pc.)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 T. cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup sugar
1 very ripe banana
1 peach- chopped
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (or plain)
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 350F, and grease and flour an 8x8in. square pan.
2) Make the streusel: in a bowl, simply combine the brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon.
3) Cake batter: cream together the sugar and butter. Add the egg & yogurt. Stir in the fruit, (banana first.)
In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients. Slowly add the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
4) Pour HALF of the batter into pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle HALF of the streusel mixture over top of batter.
Drop the other HALF of cake batter over streusel layer in pan. Carefully spread the best you can. Finish with sprinkling rest of streusel mix over top of cake.
5) Bake at 350F for about 40min, or until toothpick comes out clean (for testing doneness.) Remove, and allow cake to cool. Cut, and serve with some coffee, or tea, and enjoy!