Yield: 4 servings
Bamboo skewers (4-6 each, soaked or not soaked!)
1- 12oz. bag of Raw Shrimp (deveined & peeled)
1/2 a lime
**Optional: Veggies for skewers
scallions (sliced for garnish)
2 T Thai Chili Sauce
1 T. Creamy peanut butter
1 clove of minced garlic (or 1 t. crushed garlic)
healthy "dash" of teriyaki sauce
"dash" of sesame oil
1 t. lime juice
3-4 T Coconut milk
1) Prep your shrimp, (peel and devein if necessary), and it is your preference whether or not you want to leave the tail on! Skewer them, (about 6 to a skewer), squeeze some fresh lime juice over them, and cover and refrigerate until ready to throw on the grill. ***Begin prepping your rice or sides at this time that you will be serving with the shrimp.
2) Fire up the grill! Turn down to a low setting. (Shrimp cook fast, and we don't want to burn them!)
3) Make the sauce: in a bowl combine the Thai Chili Sauce and peanut butter first, then add the garlic, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and lime juice and mix until combined. Add the coconut milk last, and mix well. Set aside.
4) Lay the skewers directly on the grill, (I did not oil or season them, as the sauce will do that at the end of cooking, and mine did not stick!) Cook just about 3-4 min., then using tongs, flip the skewers over. After about 2min. or so of cooking on side #2, using a silicone brush, lightly brush the sauce on the skewers, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and flip the sauce side back down on the grill, close the lid and cook for about 1-2 min. Remove skewers.
5) Serve the shrimp with your choice of rice and vegetables. Garnish with some sliced scallions, and extra sauce for dipping, and enjoy!