Wild Rice Crepes: Yields 10-12 large crepes
1/2 cup of wild rice flour ****In a coffee grinder, simply measure out 1/2 cup of uncooked wild rice and pulverize- until completely finely ground! (DO NOT USE A BLEND!! PURE WILD RICE ONLY!)
1/2 cup All purpose flour *** or Rice flour for GLUTEN FREE option!
1 T. chopped fresh parsley or chives
1/4 t. salt
1 cup milk
3 T. melted unsalted butter
1) You can either make the batter in a food processor, or by hand! In a bowl or processor, combine the flours, parsley, and salt. Slowly add the milk, eggs, and butter, until the batter is smooth.
2) Heat a non-stick 7in. skillet until hot, (about medium heat.) Pour about 3-4T. batter on the pan, and tip the pan around to spread the batter evenly- work quickly as the batter is thin, and cooks fast! Cook about 1min. or less per side, (or until golden brown). ***Very important: stack the crepes between wax paper or sheets of plastic wrap to keep them from sticking together! Repeat the process until the batter is gone! **If not using the crepes right away, simply keep wrapped, and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days until ready to use.
Chicken Filling: Serves 6pl
1 1/2- 2# chicken breasts (boneless)
Olive or Grapeseed oil
Balsamic vinegar or white wine
Salt & pepper
2 cups of vegetables (Could be zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, green beans, peppers, onion, etc.!)
Preheat oven to 400F
1) In a roasting pan or pyrex 13/9 dish, simply drizzle some oil in the pan, lay your chicken down first, then throw in your chopped/ sliced veggies. Drizzle everything liberally with more oil, drizzle some Balsamic vinegar, and then season with salt & pepper. **Very basic!
2) Place in the oven uncovered for about 15-20min. at 400F. Pull out, cover with foil, and place back in the oven for another 40-45min. **If making the white cheddar sauce, start this while chicken is in the oven. (Recipe below)
When chicken temps. at 165F, pull the pan out of oven, and allow to rest for 10min.
3) Before serving, slice the chicken breasts. Simply take a crepe, place some chicken and vegetables down the center, and roll it up! Ladle some sauce over the crepes prior to serving, and sprinkle on some paprika and/or chopped parsley or chives. Voila!
White Cheddar Sauce
2 T. of butter
2 T. of flour
1 1/2 + cups of milk
1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese
salt & white pepper to season
dash of tobasco or hot sauce
1) Make the roux first in a small saute pan; melt the butter, whisk in the flour, and cook for a couple minutes until the color changes slightly. (Cooking the "roux" incorporates flavor to your sauce, but you don't want to brown or over cook a roux that will be added to a cream or "Bechamel" sauce!) Turn off and set aside.
2) In a small pot, heat the milk on medium. Slowly whisk in the "roux" (butter and flour mixture), until there are no lumps. Cook this mixture until it thickens, (about 5-10min.) Turn down to low, and season with salt & pepper, and add the cheese, mixing well. If sauce becomes too thick, add more milk. Prior to serving, add the tobasco and mix.
Keep on low, occasionally stirring until ready to serve.