Yield: About 20 sliders (2oz. each)
Turkey Slider Ingredients:
2 1/2# (2 pkg. each- 20oz. ground turkey)
1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
2 T. ground cumin
juice of 1/2 lime
1 T. chopped cilantro
2 each of chipotle peppers (minced) in Adobo sauce (from 1 small can)
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 small/medium sized peppers (julienned)
1/2 red onion (sliced)
2 dozen dinner-sized rolls (split in half)
1 pkg. of sliced Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese (for sliders)
1 pkg. of purchased guacamole
lettuce- any variety (cleaned, dry, shredded or leaves)
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup Mayo
1 T. lime juice
some fresh chopped cilantro
1) For the sliders, simply combine all of the ingredients: ground turkey, lime juice, buttermilk, cilantro, chipotles, cumin, crushed chips, and just a sprinkle of salt into a bowl, and with clean hands, mix well. Form the sliders by taking about 2-3 oz. of the mixture, make a meatball, and then flatten into a patty. Place the patties on a clean plate.
2) Using a grill pan, grill, or saute pan, cook the sliders on medium heat for about 3-5 min. per side, (or until they temp. at 165F+, turkey has to be well done!) You can place a piece of cheese on the patties to melt if serving right away before removing from pan. Place the cooked sliders on a separate clean plate or platter. (Do not allow the cooked meat to touch any raw meat!! We don't want anyone to get sick!) **If you are making these for a party, you can cover with foil, and keep the patties warm in a 175F oven, until ready to serve! (If you are worried about them getting dry, you can always place a little water or chicken broth in the base of the pan or platter prior to putting in the oven. DO NOT PLACE CHEESE on patties and melt until prior to assembling! **Or, don't melt the cheese, it's up to you!
3) On medium/high heat, place some oil in a saute pan. Add the onions and peppers, and cook just for a few minutes, or until onions are a bit caramelized. Remove from heat.
4) Make the "Salsa Mayo", by adding all of the ingredients into a small bowl, and simply whisking together!
5) To assemble sliders: Take the halved rolls, spread some guacamole on both halves, place a slider on the bottom half, then some sauteed onions & peppers, lettuce, drizzle some salsa mayo over top of lettuce, and place the top of the roll on slider. Repeat the process until all of the sliders are assembled- placing the finished sliders on a serving platter, or individual plates, (depending on if it's for a party, or family dinner!) Enjoy right away- delicioso!