*** Plus, they are NO BAKE and quick to make, (20-25 min. total!)
Yield: 30 treats
1- 12oz. pkg. Chow Mein Noodles
1- 11oz. bag of Nestle Peanut butter & milk chocolate chips
1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips
1 c. shredded coconut
1 bag of Cadbury dark mini eggs, (or any kind/ brand you prefer!)
1) Prep 2 sheet trays by lining with either silpats or parchment paper. (Can also use wax paper.)
2) Combine chocolate chips and melt in a bowl. (Can do in the microwave, or in a double boiler on the stove top.)
3) In a large mixing bowl, place the Chow Mein noodles, and shredded coconut. Add the melted chocolate, and mix until well combined. Stir carefully so you don't crush up the noodles!
4) Start spooning mixture onto prepared sheet trays, (3x5), using a teaspoon. (I don't recommend using a scoop for this!) Before chocolate firms up, you want to place your chocolate eggs on top of each "nest"- about 2/ per nest.
5) When finished, place in fridge for 2-5 min. to set the chocolate. (Don't keep refrigerated for too long as the noodles may start to get too soft!) Remove from sheet trays and store in an air tight container for 1-2 weeks.
***Note: for peanut allergies, simply use plain chocolate chips, or even mix in some butterscotch!